Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
pebbles422 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Dv7 bottom case corner broken- Needs repair

Pavilion dv7-7135us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi!

My HP Pavilion dv7-7135us left corner, hinge area, bottom case has broken off and a small lesion has spread.

Small plastic chunk missing.

Everything still works fine, the left hinge, even though sunken, still operates, while seperating the case as it moves.

I am looking for HP to replace the bottom case before the damage becomes greater.

Is this possible? Can I have HP repair this by shipping it to them?

I never carried the computer with me and basically used it as a desktop, was damaged by just opening and closing it.

Now, I leave it open.

I have seen repair on youtube, but I am no computer technician.

3 REPLIES
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 119 416
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pebbles422

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
77 0 6
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are multiple threads and thousands of HP buyers on this forum with the same (or very similar) problem. HP have built in a design flaw to a vast amount of their laptops and are refusing to admit it.Now they are profiting from it.

If you are in warranty you will get it fixed. IT WILL FAIL AGAIN.

If you are out of warrenty you can pay HP to fix it. IT WILL FAIL AGAIN.

I would strongly advise you to get rid of the laptop if HP fix it... and never buy HP again! Alternatively, you could fix it yourself or have someone knowledgeable do it for you? Thus getting many more years of use from something you payed a lot of money for... and expected to last for years! For more information check out my blog at- https://hpfaultyhinge.wordpress.com/

Best of luck!

0 Kudos
pebbles422 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks JS_JS, I contacted HP and got a case #, but they no longer supply the bottom case or do the repair.
I bought a case online and am now seeking a computer repairer to install the case. Any ideas for a computer tech? HP should have issued a recall like they did on the power cord for this product (still in effect for cord adapters with certain #), too many customers affected by this bottom case, hinge problem. You're right; this computer was expensive, and I never imagined HP to not stand behind their product.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation