01-02-2014 09:07 AM
Apologies if this has already been discussed. I am not familar much with the 3COM/HP suite of switches and have a new requirement and hence the post....
The site in question has a mixture of 3COM and Cisco switches and all devices are configured in the same VLAN - not a good design practice I know, but the site as grown with little considersation.
I have a requirement to be able to collect data which is seen across all ports of the 3COM which is then uplinked to a Cisco switch via the fibre connection to where the collector resides. Had all the switches been Cisco, I would have implemented RSPAN but on the 3COM the setting is PORT MIRRORING.
Would someone be able to provide how I would go about setting the 3COM to send such traffic via the uplink port (Gi1/0/52)?
If a sechmatic helps please let know and I will knock one up.
01-02-2014 09:10 AM
I suggest you also copy and paste your post to the HP Business Support Forum -- Procurve Switches section.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot