Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 34 (3,110 Views)

HP ENVY 13 gets really hot

I've purchased the HP envy 13 about a month ago. Is it normal for the laptop to get really hot to the point it burns your hand to touch? The laptop seems to get really hot after 10 minutes of turning it on and it has been like this since the 1st day I got it. The hottest part of the laptop would be the space above the the centre of the key board (under the hp logo) and the top 2 rows of the buttons get really hot too. I can also feel underneath the laptop is really hot aswell. Please can someone help as I'm not sure if this is an issue. The fans are really loud even when theres nothing covering the air vent.

Message 2 of 34 (3,108 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 13 gets really hot

@Natalie03

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Message 3 of 34 (3,074 Views)

Thank you Danny! So kind of you to do that. I have contacted someone from HP so hopefully they can get back to me soon.

Top Student
Message 4 of 34 (3,046 Views)

I also have this problem with a recently purchased HP Envy 13, exactly as described. Could you also message me in order to rectify this? 

Many thanks, 

jennycharlie

HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 34 (3,032 Views)

I have escalated your issue to the appropriate team.

Please take a moment to read HP’s Privacy Policy at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Student
Message 6 of 34 (2,993 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have got the same problem. The Serial number: [Personal Information Removed]. I have used a software that can measure the temperature of the CPU, It was 85 degree celsius.

I have brought the laptop to the HP center  and they just said It was fine.

What shoud I do then?

Message 7 of 34 (2,985 Views)

@aam_sudrajat

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Message 8 of 34 (2,980 Views)

I took my laptop back to the place I bought it from and they said there was an issue with the windows 10 update that was causing the laptop to heat up. The laptop has been fine after the update and I'm hoping there won't be further problems..
Student
Message 9 of 34 (2,759 Views)

I also have an HP Envy 13t that was received in early June, 2016, that is getting extremely hot in the area between the keyboard and the screeen.  The battery life has also diminished grealy.

Message 10 of 34 (2,750 Views)

@ajmontky

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation