Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17m-ce0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was trying to upgrade my Nvidia drivers yesterday and realized that my machine doesn't recognize an NVIDIA GPU at all, despite the laptop being advertised as having one. I'm a bit confused as to why it's not showing up within device manager and can't figure this out for the life of me. We bought it refurbished early this year when we all started working from home due to Covid but only now realized that we have been using the integrated graphics the entire time. 

Can anyone help me out with this? I'd really appreciate it, thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@latinodeep 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06296498

It does NOT have NVIDIA GeForce MX250 component, it only has

Integrated  Intel® UHD Graphics 620

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response! Yes, I saw that as well. The listing we bought from advertised it as having the NVIDIA MX250 with it. Looking up the same model for sale I also see some sold with that GPU; is there a different version sold with it? Our laptop also has the NVIDIA sticker on it and says that it should have the GPU. 

Do you know anything about that?

I feel like we paid for something that we didn't get. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.