Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVX13 R5 8 256B
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all....I bought an HP ENVY LAPTOP for my wife from Currys UK on 29/11/2019...such a cute thing, it was well looked after and working brilliantly....around 3-4 months back, we noticed the screen coming off the metal frame at the top left-hand side....then it started getting off more and more....when closed, the magnet in between makes it come off more....took it to CURRYS who sent it to their Team know how to repair and it was sent with a report stating it has been repaired and that they acknowledge that it is a faulty screen....on the day od taking it back repaired, the screen comes off even more....then back to Currys and sent off again two times more....at the third time, I get a report stating that it is unrepairable and that the manufacturer one yr warranty won't cover for this.....I just spoke to the Currys repair team and they are helpless too....A £649/- Laptop with no fall/trauma, working fine but with a faulty screen - both the retailer and the manufacturer are having their hands up in the air and for the customer to just bear with the loss....kind od making up my mind for no more HP and no more Currys UK....any help is utmost appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would never set foot in that shop. Could you post some pictures of the damage, please? Thx.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

@SAN2021

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.