Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy TS 17 Notebook PC m7-j120dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

To Whom It May Concern:  

My laptop has for some time exhibited detachment, between the bottom cover, and the base, at the left hinge seam.  It also makes strange clicking/groaning noises when opening or closing the screen/lid. From my very light research into this issue, it appears that this is a widespread manufacturer's defect with this laptop model, affecting thousands of HP laptop users.  As I have spent over $1000 on this laptop, purchased new, I have always been extremely careful with it.  It has never been dropped or bumped, and never leaves my home.  It certainly is a manufacturer's defect, from a bad engineering design of a hinge, that is tearing the laptop apart.   

I do realize that my laptop is out of warranty, but this goes over-and-above warranty issues, when it is a manufacturer's defect, proven by the vast complaints that can be found online.  Unfortunately, I don't have the money for another laptop, and am afraid the laptop will fall completely apart, creating more issues, like the screen falling off.  The laptop seems to be overheating a bit, due to the proximity of the hinge and the fan.  Also, plastic parts seem to have aready broken off, and are rattling around the case.   I am very disappointed.

Could you please offer a solution to this issue?

Thanks, 

Sean 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Finne94 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.