Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Jkings Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j067cl Notebook PC Hinge issue

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j067cl
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

It appears the hinge assembly for my PC has begun to push the case apart, as the top is aluminum and the bottom is plastic, This problem is getting unreasonable. I looked online to see if there was some fix and immediatly found that the problem is pervasive, I'm hoping that there is a way to repair this, because I don't want the case to come completely apart.

But, I don't want it to get damaged further, I have always used this PC and it just has out of the blue Started popping apart in the back where the aluminum comes in contact with the hinges.

Hopefully even though I am out of the warrenty by about a year there is some fix to this problem, because I have an HP home computer that has worked perfectly for years, while this laptop in less than 2 years the case just starts popping apart. I am about to enroll in college and need a working laptop. So if there is any way to easily fix this please tell me, and If it is fixable at all

If any additional information is needed please just ask.

I found a picture Of somone with the exact same hinge problem with the back of the case, having the exact same effect on my pc

original.jpeg

5 REPLIES
8085 133 600
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jkings

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
gsmith1919 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  Left hinge has broken and is separating the case under normal usage (not dropped or abused in any way).  My model is HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j023cl.  Is this a known issue that would be covered under warrany repair?

0 Kudos
16536 215 879
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gsmith1919

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
jpd01 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same model and same issue. How do I proceed?

0 Kudos
8085 133 600
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jpd01

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation