Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 loose hinge and split bottom

Product Name: HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j003cl N

Hello,

The hinge on my HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 has been loose (or broken?) for quite some time. It caused the bottom of my laptop to split open on the side which has the power button (left side). 

The laptop was not dropped or damaged in other ways, before I knew it I noticed the issue. First I noticed the screen feeling loose, but only recently I paid closer attention and saw the hinge was loose.

Other than the hinge issue, the computer is in good condition and works great. I would hate to lose it because of the hinge.

From reading the forum, it seems to be a very common issue with this particular type of laptop. Therefore I am wondering if anything has or can be done to help us who have encountered this issue.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (103 Views)

Re: HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 loose hinge and split bottom

@hithere_m

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation