Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0022nn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, 

I am new here. I just bought new laptop, HP Envy x360 13- ar0022nn, wooden one.

It is beautiful, so light and design is awesome.

What I am curious, how is AMD as processor on it ? Cooling ,heating, fan loudness ? 

Also from 8GB ram memory, available is 5.9 GB.. That is not so great option, because I dont need so much for graphics.

For example when I am using web browser, with 2 tab open, it took 1.1 gb of ram, and ram usage whole is more than 85%.

Can I somehow lower it ?

Also any AMD app for tweaking options ?

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

This is a common observation with the Ryzen APU models with integrated video such as you have. The system grabs 2 gb or more to use for video and there does not seem to be any way to alter that. In general, other than the large amount of memory taken for video users seem pretty happy with the Ryzen systems. I would not worry too much about tweaking anything. Windows and HP have set up the system to use the processor optimally. If there is something specific you think you need to adjust let us know. 

HP Recommended

Thanks.. I just thought that can be allocated , for example that  I can set how much GB for graphics I want

I hope that 6 GB ram should be fine for my usage. ( as I can see, my laptop use 2x 4 GB ram, and can not be replaceable).

HP Recommended

Not adjustable in the BIOS. There are some registry edits floating around but have had mixed reviews. 

HP Recommended

Yes, I tried to search also.

Btw, does anyone have info about Linux on this laptop ?

Linux is far better than Windows, faster and use less ram

HP Recommended

Just make a Linux Live thumb drive and you can preview how your desired distro will run. Likely problem areas would be video, audio and wifi if any but I am betting it "just works" with a current Ubuntu version. I like Kubuntu personally and hardware support has gotten to where it is virtually seamless. 

HP Recommended

I tried Ubuntu, Xubuntu and Kubuntu, with bootable USB drive.

It asked me should I install or try , when I set try without installation, got black screen , nothing happened,

Tried the same with Manjaro/Arch, booted fine, bat graphics are really weird, pixelated etc. 

Don't want to kill Windows if Linux is buggy xD

HP Recommended

Hi @Huffer

I tried Linux Mint, but it is not fast and not so fully working as windows.

Atm I have dual boot, linux and windows.

What I want, is clean flash of Windows.

I made bootable windows 10 , when I tried to boot from them, got error 0xc0000001, with note that my PC needs to be repaired.

Linux I can normally boot.

How I can go back to only Windows ? thx 🙂

HP Recommended

The Linux bootloader grub can screw up booting so you may need to format the hard drive first using something like dban:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dban/

HP Recommended

i can boot atm in windows and linux..

Maybe it has something with secure boot ?

Also , what if I format whole disk, and than I am also not able to clean install Windows ?

What about system reset from windows ? or in recovery F11

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.