Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15t Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just bought the HP ENVY x360 - 15t Laptop (Product #L8S90AV_1) with 8gb ram  but I would like to know if this laptop has 2 MEMORY SLOTS (OR MODULES) so I can upgrade the memory later, add an 4gb ram in the second slot so I can get 12gb, I'm not sure if it has 2 slots?. Please let me know if I can do this. 

Thank u.

Erika

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Erikaclau,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade the memory in the notebook, and wanted to assist you!

Here is the Memory Module upgrade information for your notebook:

Support for 8192-MB of DDR3L-1600-MHz system ram in the following configurations:

● 8192 GB (8192 MB × 1 or 4096 MB × 2)

● 6144 GB (4096 MB × 1 + 2048 MB × 1)

● 4096 GB (4096 MB × 1 or 2048 MB × 2)

Source: HP ENVY x360 Convertible PC Maintenance and Service Guide (Chapter 1, Page 1).

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I still don't get it! so the maximum of memory in this laptop is 8gb? because when I cutomized I see 8gb, 12gb and 16gb, so that's why I'm asking if I can upgrade it (more than 8gb) or not? and the main question was if the laptop has one or two modules? 

Thank you again!

Erika

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

See page 49 of the Manual here:

Manual

There are two slots and it can take 16 gigs. You have a single 8 gig module in one of the slots and an open slot right now.

However, it is very difficult to access the memory. You must fully disassemble the laptop and remove the motherboard. This is outside what the warranty allows an  end user to do, but if you can do it without damage to the laptop the warranty will remain. So get whatever memory you want for the long haul: this is not something you are going to want to do twice. If you have never disassembled a laptop before get professional help. 

And the upgrade from 8 gigs to 16 gigs is rarely very meaningful anyway believe it or not. Most computer users never use more than 8 gigs of RAM in daily computing. But if you must have 16 gigs it can be done as stated above. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, I'm so glad to read your reply.

I was very dissapointed because when I chatted with a HP sales person, she told me that if I have order already and chose 8gb memory in my customized order, It would be only one slot in the laptop so I couldn't upgrade my memory ram later.

And yes I would get professional help.

Thanks again,

Erika

HP Recommended

Is DDR5 möglicjh für dieses Model?

HP Recommended

Is a Memory of type DDR5 possible for this Model?

HP Recommended

Nein dass ist nicht moeglich. DDR5 is not yet even a thing. They use DDR5 chips in video cards, but there are no DDR5 memory modules or motherboards that can use such a thing. DDR4 is the newest and no, you cannot use DDR4 modules. They are physically different than DDR3 and will not fit in the slot(s) you have. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.