Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 Convertible 13-Y013CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP ENVY X360 ONLY TAKES ON BATTERY, WHEN CONNECTING ADAPTER AC DOES NOT CHARGE OR TURN ON NOTEBOOK.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HP DC CABLE PINOUT AND LOAD CIRCUIT IN BASE BOARD, TO VERIFY POSSIBLE FAULT COMPONENTS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FEDEG19,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I would like to inform you that I don’t have the circuit information for the DC adapter. I recommend you check with a different adapter (If available) or you can check the voltage on the adapter to make sure that the DC adapter is working fine.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@FEDEG19,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I would like to inform you that I don’t have the circuit information for the DC adapter. I recommend you check with a different adapter (If available) or you can check the voltage on the adapter to make sure that the DC adapter is working fine.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I appreciate your response. The adapter works correctly, I have 19.5 v between red-black wire. 18.7v between brown-black 10 v White - black 10v Yellow-black I would like to know if those voltages are correct.

Greetings.

HP Recommended

@FEDEG19,

Yes, the voltages are correct. It looks like an issue with the DC port on the computer.

I recommend you contact support and check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello, if the strange thing is that the noteebook works only with battery.
I disassemble complete pc and connect adapter to pc and measure voltages in connector where battery is connected, which has 10 pins. The voltages obtained are:
ne-ve: 3.53 V
ne-ro: 19.87v
ne-bl: 3.18v
ne-ce: 5.28V
ne-am: 4.60V
Those voltages are without canectada battery.
When I connect the batteries the voltages are:
ne-ve: 0 V
ne-ro: 11.18v
ne-bl: 3.18v
ne-ce: 3.15V
ne-am: 3.15V
In addition, what I observe is that when the adapter is connected to the PC, the LED of the DC cable flashes with very low intensity, which is hardly visible.
HP Recommended

@FEDEG19,

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.