Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (118 Views)

HP ENVY dv7-7233nr Broken Left LCD Screen Hinge; Left side of case damaged

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Envy DV7-7233nr
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Very frustrated with this...I opened the laptop gently as I would always do  and the hinge on the left side of the laptop just snapped and popped out of the plastic monitor frame.  The design of the hinges are just terrible and i can now see how they work because the case has been damaged just from opening and closing the laptop.  I can now see inside the whole left side of the case.  To top it off I have already invested considerable time into upgrading the OS to Windows 10 and customizing and installing software on this laptop. I cannot close my laptop entirely since the screen closes on an incorrect angle. Since I am out of warranty, is there any way to fix this problem? After reading several posts, it seems to be a common problem with the envy models.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: HP ENVY dv7-7233nr Broken Left LCD Screen Hinge; Left side of case damaged

@phosfate00

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: HP ENVY dv7-7233nr Broken Left LCD Screen Hinge; Left side of case damaged

I had a similar issue with my 7233nr, except it was the right hinge. When that happened, I had to open the case and hot-glue the support back in half, as it had completely split. I agree, the hinges are very poorly designed, and can't actually handle the stress of both the weight of the screen and the resistance to opening.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation