Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15j123tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I have this very old laptop which is envy 15 j123tx. Mine had 750gb HDD included. After some time I changed it too 1TB HDD. But now it's taking too long to start the os. I discover there is an mSATA slot but as I saw on the manual it says just 24gb. I was wondering if I could install a 128gb or 240gb mSATA SSD as my boot drive or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sadysalehin 

Looks like your machine has 24GB cache and when changing HDD you did make something wrong. But long story short: mSATA slot is very short and finding mSATA drive now is very hard. It is much better to disable it all together, remove it and replace 1TB with 1TB SSD.

To disable mSATA cache, you will need to do that from IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology)

• Type in Intel Rapid Storage Technology at the start screen,
  • Click on the Accelerate tab, select Disable acceleration
  • Now you should see a new option Make available in the same tab. Click on it to completely disassociate the mSSD from the cached drive

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sadysalehin 

Looks like your machine has 24GB cache and when changing HDD you did make something wrong. But long story short: mSATA slot is very short and finding mSATA drive now is very hard. It is much better to disable it all together, remove it and replace 1TB with 1TB SSD.

To disable mSATA cache, you will need to do that from IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology)

• Type in Intel Rapid Storage Technology at the start screen,
  • Click on the Accelerate tab, select Disable acceleration
  • Now you should see a new option Make available in the same tab. Click on it to completely disassociate the mSSD from the cached drive

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.