Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-dr1012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I recently bought a HP ENVY x360 - 15m-dr1012dx
Everything runs smoothly, but I have one problem.
It seems like the fan is always running all the time at a level that is very audible. 
I made sure the laptop has adequate room for ventilation and checked to see if there is dust near the vents.
Seeing that it is a new laptop I wouldn't expect there to be any dust in the vents to begin with.
I also used the HP Assistant to make sure all my drivers are updated and it isn't a BIOS driver problem.
I was just wondering if it is normal for this laptop to be like this, if not, I would like to trade it in while i still have the warranty on it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LanceB Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with fan noise.

As you have stated that you have already updated all drivers and BIOS as well. I would suggest you to contact our Phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.