Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15-ee0003ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am interested in upgrading or adding more ram. I have come across this on amazon. 

Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Laptop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB (16GBx2) CL16 BL2K16G32C16S4B

Will my computer utilize this ram to access the entire 3200mHz? I have read that only computers which are XMP capable or compatible will utilize the full capabilities of this ram. If anyone can help me, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Todd74 

The manual provides conflicting info.

Chapter 1 indicates the memory is not upgradable.

Chapter 5 has memory removal and replacement procedures.

You can definitely upgrade the memory in that model as proven in this long discussion regarding this matter at the link below.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-x360-15-ee0003ca-2-in-...

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Todd74 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06655444

It has  8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB) now (both slots are occupied).  You can not upgrade RAM because RAM is soldered to the System board.

The manual clearly says on page 1:  Support for DDR4-3200 1.2 v, nonupgradeable, onboard system memory in 16 GB and 8 GB configurations. Unfortunately you bought a machine which only has 8GB, mine has 16GB, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06657642

I've got it directly from HP in The US.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have found my answer elsewhere though.  It turns out that it cannot be over-clocked so the ram won't work with it. On a side note, the model I referenced is the 15" not the 13". Every video that I have come across states that the ram in the 15" is not soldered on and is upgradable. Is this not the case?

HP Recommended

@Todd74 

Are you asking for the Envy 15-ee0xxx ? Did you read the manual ? I know what I am saying, my machine is an HP Envy 15-ee0xxx

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Please explain why every single video online states the opposite of what you're saying.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Todd74 

The manual provides conflicting info.

Chapter 1 indicates the memory is not upgradable.

Chapter 5 has memory removal and replacement procedures.

You can definitely upgrade the memory in that model as proven in this long discussion regarding this matter at the link below.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-x360-15-ee0003ca-2-in-...

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can see from my initial replies in that discussion that I was all but 100% certain the memory could not be upgraded.

I was wrong, and glad that someone took the machine apart and shared the results.

I have the 15-ee047nr, which came with 16 GB of memory, so I am in no hurry to upgrade it.

However, it is nice to know it can be done.

HP Recommended

Yes that's good to know. It's too bad you can't overclock to utilize CL16 though. Oh well... lol

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

... I have the 15-ee047nr, which came with 16 GB of memory, so I am in no hurry to upgrade it

@Paul_Tikkanen 

Same as mine, probably we received on the same week. I do not have any plan to upgrade it

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.