Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,, @banhien 

Yes, that is one fine machine. 

Nicest one I have ever owned and I have had several Elitebooks over the years.

The only way I am going to open it up would be if something failed, like the NVMe drive.

If it did, then I would consider upgrading the memory to 32 GB.

The other reason I'm glad the memory can be upgraded is if one of those modules went bad and it was soldered to the motherboard, you would be flat out of luck.

HP Recommended

Well, I don't know what components they put in these things but whatever they are, they are amazingly fast little machines. I can run blender, 3ds max, inventor, autocad, have 15 web browsers open ~ maybe even more, simultaneously, while having multiple downloads going on and it still runs without a hiccup. Not sure upgrading the ram is even an issue, lol. I have owned a few msi laptops in the past with 32gb of ddr3 ram, gaming ones of course and this thing is easily faster and more stable, even with only 8 gb of ram. I can't say I expected this level of performance from this little unit and I can't be happier with it.

HP Recommended

I agree with you 100%.

The only bad press I've heard about this model series is that it appears to have major issues with the microphone and the Zoom program.

Very bad since so many folks are using Zoom for business meetings/classroom presentations, family conversations, etc., due to the pandemic.

I was able to help many folks fix the microphone issue, but apparently that fix was only temporary.

Hopefully, AMD and HP will iron that issue out soon.

HP Recommended

That's interesting because I've been having an issue with the mic display notification that appears when you lock/unlock the mic. It just stopped displaying one day and I couldn't figure out why. It suddenly started appearing again this morning but I have to think the behavior has something to do with the issues being reported elsewhere.

HP Recommended

HP just released a graphics driver update a couple of weeks ago.

26.20.14052.0    Sep 29, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110299.exe

The microphone is part of the graphics system and not the audio for some crazy reason, and the microphone is labeled as an AMD Audio device under the sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.