Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-da0077tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded my HP Notebook 15-da0077tx storage using "HP EX900 M.2 250GB SSD". Device manager states that the driver used for storage controller - "Standard NVM express controller" which is published by Microsoft in 2006. Other SSD companies provide drivers or firmware updates on their official pages. But I searched all over the internet for the driver in vain.

My NVM express controller hardware IDs are:

PCI\VEN_1DEE&DEV_2263&SUBSYS_22631DEE&REV_03

PCI\VEN_1DEE&DEV_2263&SUBSYS_22631DEE

PCI\VEN_1DEE&DEV_2263&CC_010802

PCI\VEN_1DEE&DEV_2263&CC_0108

I tried installing this driver I found claiming to be HP's business partner from this site Downloads - HP SSDs - HP SSD | MCS - HP Business Partner (multipointe.com)

This crashed my windows stating that "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". I had to reinstall windows to use my device again. Can you guys suggest a driver fitting to my SSD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have heard other reports regarding the 15-da0xxx model series, where PCIe Gen 3.0 SSD's don't perform up to their max rated sequential read/write speeds.

The M.2 slot should be PCIe Gen 3 x4 based on the Intel specs for your notebook's processor, but I see no PCIe lane specs in the service manual.

Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)

So, I don't believe that the problem is limited to your particular notebook, or the HP SSD you bought.

Unfortunately, I don't know why that would be.  That is a mystery.

It doesn't hurt anything, and the speed is still almost 3 x faster than the fastest SATA SSD would provide.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not have any specific storage controller drivers for that model SSD.

There is no need to install any other driver but the standard one that Microsoft installs.

All of Microsoft standard drivers are dated from 2006.

NVMe was never even heard of in 2006, so clearly the date is just something they throw in there.

HP Recommended

Thank you for taking some time to answer this question.

But the speeds on crystal disk mark are not upto the mark, like they promised a read speed of 2100mb/s but 1600 odd is the maximum I got after doing the benchmarking on several occasions. Hope this is not a big deal.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have heard other reports regarding the 15-da0xxx model series, where PCIe Gen 3.0 SSD's don't perform up to their max rated sequential read/write speeds.

The M.2 slot should be PCIe Gen 3 x4 based on the Intel specs for your notebook's processor, but I see no PCIe lane specs in the service manual.

Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)

So, I don't believe that the problem is limited to your particular notebook, or the HP SSD you bought.

Unfortunately, I don't know why that would be.  That is a mystery.

It doesn't hurt anything, and the speed is still almost 3 x faster than the fastest SATA SSD would provide.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the information you provided. If its related to PCI or motherboard, hardware in general then it can't be helped.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.