Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I just recieved this drive and I can confirm that I also have this bug. I'm only posting to keep this thread alive and hopefully HP steps up and fixes this bug.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue with mine.  Reading only 54 C.  It's probably fine but HP definitely needs to fix and address this. 

HP Recommended

Yup. Same issue no matter the software used to read temps. I took a chance on HP but I've learned my lesson. Sending back to Newegg and getting a Samsung (like I should have in the first place). Next time don't just respond "duh, 54 degrees is safe" and maybe you won't lose customers.

Buh-bye

HP Recommended

Hello, everyone.

Eventually, HP released new firmware!!

Please see the link below and apply it. It works well. Temperature display problem solved.

I'm not sure how much this thread contributed to that. Anyway thank you for your support! We made it!

https://www.multipointe.com/downloads/

HP Recommended

@Usgoose

You are getting slower R/W speeds because, as CrystalDiskInfo shows, you are only using 2 PCIe lanes and the SSD supports 4 PCIe lanes.  

HP Recommended

I updated my HP EX920 512GB SSD using link posted by Ohnggni and it worked fine.  One additional detail to add is that the new firmware has the same version number SVN139B.  So, when you get to the screen that shows current firmware and latest firmware don't worry that they show the same version.  Go ahead and flash the firmware and it will solve the temperature measurement issue.  In my opinion, the firmware update should NOT have the same version number.

One more tidbit - even with the original SVN139B firmware the temperature reading worked fine if you used an adapter and used the SSD from a PCIe slot.  It was only a problem when used in a M.2 NVME connector.

HP Recommended

Yes, I also downloaded the firmware from the link posted by Ohnggni  above. It's furstrating as it's not an HP site. Basically it's the NvMe controller manufacturer's  initiative.  After installing the update, the temperature reading looks more reasonable. I have a M.2 slot.

HP Recommended

Even better, the link leads to everything people have been wanting about the EX920.

o new firmware

o warranty info along with customer support contacts

o Windows driver for Win 7, 8.1, and 10          (the native Windows 10 driver seems to work fine for me)

https://www.multipointe.com/ 

MCS must be the company HP is working with on these SSD's.

HP Recommended

I have spent about 2 hours trying to get the firmware to update. Whenever I click on the software my drive doesn't show up (Windows 10 Pro), but my OS is installed on it and I'm booting up with it. The sofware just doesn't see it no matter what I try. I even took the drive out and put it in another computer running Windows 8.1. Can someone please help?

Asus Zenith Extreme with latest BIOS

HP Recommended

I believe I had the same issue but once I ran it in administration mode it worked 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.