06-06-2011 08:48 AM
Please let me know how to disable the "buttons and switches" above the function keys. I kept accidentally turning off the wireless. I don't use that button and it is causing more problem than I like. By the way, what is the official name of that line of touch switches? Thanks.
06-14-2011 07:54 AM
The line of touch buttons on keyboard technically called "Quick Launch Buttons."
Perform the following steps to disable the Quick Launch Buttons...
1. "Windows key + R" opens the run box
2. Type in "msconfig" without quotations
3. Go the the "Startup" tab and find something about Quicklaunch
4. Uncheck the box beside it and apply the settings.
This won't remove the quicklaunch but it will disable the buttons because it won't start up on your next reboot.
06-22-2012 06:36 PM
I have the QuickLaunch services unchecked in Startup and this doesn't change anything regarding the internet and email buttons above the numberrow on the keyboard. My left index finger opens the brower 50+ times per hour. I've tried changing the exe to something that doesn't exist and all that does is open a blank box. I'd really like a solution to this problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot