Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a brand new HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3 with Windows 8.1 and for some reason I cannot get the bluetooth working.  

Problem: 

The device does not show up in device list (unless it is named something weird and not bluetooth)

The new devices scanner in PC Settings does not show any of my bluetooth devices

What I have tried:  

I tried reinstalling the bluetooth drivers.  The install succeeds but it changes nothng after.  

If I turn on/off the wifi using function F12, that seems to only impact wifi 

I uninstalled the wireless networking device and let windows reinstall it and no change 

I went in the BIOS looking for an embedded bluetooth setting as per HP support and there is nothing about "bluetooth"

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Goto Control Panel>Devices and Printers

Click on Add a Device and wait for the device to be discovered and then add. Remember, few devices would not accept devices with charaters or spaces. Hence name the devoce as simple as possible.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
There is no bluetooth receiver to turn on or off. It should be on the left side menu when clicking in pc settings somewhere
HP Recommended

Icecom.

Just a suggestion.

Your model came with WiFi/Bluetooth combo.

(15) WLAN module:

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Combo Adapter 670292-001

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Combo Adapter 695915-001

Look at the WiFi in Device Manager.

Your manual here.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=529803...

REO

HP Recommended

Apologies, I gave you the wrong model it is a G3 not a G1

HP Recommended

Icecom.

That makes a big difference.

(15)

WLAN module:

11ac+BT4 2x2 PCle+USB NGFF INDO

783721-001

Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265AN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2×2 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

756748-001

(

What is the model number of your WiFi???

Your manual here.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=742924...

REO

HP Recommended

it is a big difference, but sadly it makes no difference in terms of the bluetooth not working.  

I have reviewed the manual and I am aware of the Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265AN Combo Adapter.  I have tried replacing the driver from intel, from HP support page, and using microsoft updates. None work.  

I had HP support assist, they could not figure it out.  They recommended to replace the laptop/tablet, so I did.  The new one has the same issue.  There are no buttons or switches to control the bluetooth other than function-f12 combo, which only turns the wifi on/off.  Both techs asked me to go into the bios to see if "embedded bluetooth" is enabled under advanced menu, and sadly there is no embedded bluetooth to turn on or off.  

The bios is dated January 2015 which is the same as the available bios download.  I guess I will try to flash it anyway because I don't know what else I can do.  I am starting to wonder if there is a bug in this batch of Revolve 810s.  I work for a manufacturing company...mistakes do happen.  

HP Recommended

Just to provide an update, I did an RMA on this laptop and they replaced the WLAN chip inside the tablet.  But it still has the same issue.  

If I plug in a 3rd party bluetooth USB adapter then it works, and OS sees it, finds devices...etc.  So I don't think anything is wrong with the OS.  

So to recap I have two new laptops of the same model, both seem to not have any recognizable bluetooth hardware in BIOS or OS regardless of drivers used, and even after an RMA it still does not work.  What a serious drag!

HP Recommended

I had same problem, but I solved it.

Move your mouse to right corner, and open "options", then at the bottom "change computer option" etc. then on the left "computer and devices" and then "bluetooth".

When I put it on, it started working like a dream.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem.

HbJB can you tell how solve the problem with some steps?

For that I can understand better.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.