Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13-AQ1018T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a HP Envy 13-1018TX at Indonesia on October 2019. Then I moved to Kota Kinabalu Malaysia on December 2019 and brought the laptop with me. The laptop is having one year global warranty (already expired) and one year local warranty (still valid until Oct 2021).

On Mid February 2021, I found out that the cooling fan was not working properly and after looking support from HP support team through WA, I went to service center at my town and suggested to change the cooling fan. So I approached HP Malaysia due to my remaining warranty is local Indonesia warranty and no chance for me to go back to Indonesia due to Covid-19 to claim the warranty. I got quotation for RM350 for cooling fan replacement and I paid it.

Yesterday, the HP authorized service center on town call me and asked me to come to the workshop today.

This morning, I came to the service center and gave my laptop for cooling fan replacement. However the technician did not manage to open the back case cover due to 3 screws near the hinge can't be unscrew. This happen due to the plastic hinge that hold the screws were parted. They refuse to open the back cover case and replace the cooling fan due to based on their experience the back cover will be parted if opened by force. 

The technician told me that this is common case for HP Envy (What??) and they suggest me just to wait to go back to Indonesia to claim the remaining warranty due to back cover case replacement was quite expensive (2 or 3 times cooling fan replacement). 

So I paid almost USD 100 for cooling fan replacement without any fan replacement ( I took the fan) and got another problem on the hinge. Instead of get my problem fix, now I have two problems.

I checked on the internet, found out that hinge problem is common issue for HP Envy. Even some got problem after a couple of months purchasing this product and this happen from 2015 up to 2021. Wow.... I paid almost USD 1500 (IDR 20 mill) for a series of defect product and nothing HP do to fix it since 2015.... Really disappointment, No R&D and QC improvement... Supposed to be with that price, costumer get a good quality product. 

I have another HP Elitebook as my workstation, so I used my HP Envy during weekend to browse and watching movie only.

Moving forward,  I don't want to spend another USD 200-300 to fix a defect product and probably have to wait until before my warranty expired to go back to Indonesia and claim the remaining warranty (dunno when due to Covid-19 issue). However if i can't go back to Indonesia, then I am planning to fix it by myself. 

Please kindly need your support to share if any of you have the same experience and manage to fix it by yourself. 

I can't use the laptop due to I am afraid of overheat issue and somehow the laptop is very slow, I think due to the system recognize the fan not work properly.

unnamed.jpg

Thank you,

Regards,

Ade Putra

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AdePutra

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.