Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13-aq0044nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. I received an HP Envy 13-aq0044nr as a gift in the summer of 2019. The laptop was marvelous until three months later, when I needed to send it in for an emergency repair after the charging port emitted smoke. This repair resulted in the replacement of my charging port alongside my motherboard, but the shell remained intact. I take good care of my laptop; I'm currently an at-home student, so this laptop almost never leaves my desk, and I keep it in a large protective case when not in use.  Just this week, I noticed that my laptop shell has begun to come apart at the left corner. There appears to be a small bulge next to the hinge, which has begun to sink in very slightly. The laptop still functions as normal. I've had no change in performance or the display. My main problem is that now, the parts of the shell are separating on the left side, and I'd like to handle this problem before it might get worse. I have not yet contacted HP support because I'm not entirely sure what my issue might be. What's my best course of action in this situation, and if I seek other help, how do I best describe it? Is this due to the previous repairs? Is it something I don't need to worry about?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@miaAlex

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.