Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

What solved my problem was a new battery.  My specific model is an HP Envy 13t d000.  From the HP site, the OEM battery isn't even available. A lot more digging showed that the VR03XL was compatible. Bought one and installed it. Fit and worked fine. 

What seemed to be the case with the bad battery was one of the cells was dead/busted. When the system used up the juice in the working cells, it came to the bad cell and just stopped.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Your battery has lost 30% of its original charge capacity. I am also going to say your laptop is 2.5 to over 3 years old and that is just about when you can expect to need to replace the battery. I would say replacing the battery would solve all your problems with it. Post back if you need more help. 

HP Recommended

First of all, thank you all for the replies.

I have one update: before ordering a new battery, I tried some more manual calibrations and the problem... was gone! Okay, the battery is 4 years old and its capacity is no longer the same. Apparently, by performing some manual calibrations, one after the other, the problem disappears.

HP Recommended

Good job. Keep an eye on it as I think you know that seems too good to be true. 

HP Recommended

Glad it's working for you know.  You'll have to decide for yourself when the pain outweighs the positives of a new battery. I get over 3 hours of surfing on my new battery vs the 60 - 75 minutes I was getting on my old one. That is what I needed.

BTW, not overly challenging to replace the battery on your own. 

HP Recommended

Well, after a few time, the problem is back. Not in the exact same form, but is back. I definitely have to replace the battery.

Drbrandman, did you replace the battery on your own? How did you get Rubber Feet in place?

About replacing the battery found this:

HP Recommended

Well, the problem came back! I really have to change the battery.

Drbrandman, how did you put the rubber feet back in place? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Elmers Glue. Was sort of surprised HP had screws underneath them.

HP Recommended

Hello!

I bought a replacement battery online and already installed it. For the price, I think it should be a Chinese clone. I bought it from a online store, apparently Irish, but the order was shipped to Portugal from the Netherlands. The installation process was easy, as in the video. Fortunately, the rubber feet have retained some of their original glue, so there was no need to add more. After installation I needed to perform a calibration and now it works correctly. Happy ending. 😁

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.