Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Your reply was a bit generic (maybe for the time intended). My Envy 15 (15t-3000 CTO) came with BIOS F.06; It worked fine until I did an update to F.07 (most recent for this series), when the fan started running continuously, under a much faster speed, (with obvious noise aggravation). Do you know of any connection with earlier Envy versions and my observation? I have since reverted to BIOS F.06. The computer is now running cool... AND quiet.

HP Recommended

wow my 2 week old Envy 14 has the same 90B cooling fan error and these threads go back to 2010 its now Mar 2013- 3 years of messing customers about - should I go to HP support?

HP Recommended

I am afraid I did not respond well to your parallel concern on the cooling issue. I sense that the BIOS change is linked with the coolsense program, as well as the dual display graphics. I have been having some success with customizing the intel graphics and media control panel for various programs and scenarios (ctrl-alt F12). I have been setting the programs as they pop up for low power choices. But it is hard to find out how to bring up the options manually. I just stumbled into the settings panel, and still cannot figure out where the manual controls are. I set them at one point to give me manual choice as they are started up.

Can you find the manual part for choosing graphics/power options any better?

HP Recommended

My cooling fan is also working and then not working.  HP Envy.

I have to admit this is the worst machine I have ever owned. It has been back to HP for service twice and they never fixed the problem with half the key board not working...all the numbers to the right do not work.

Now the cooling fan.

HP Recommended

I have had the same issue with my fan that others reported.  At one point a small piece of plastic had jammed the fan.  After removing the piece, it started to work normally.  However, lately when I boot, it hear a "whirring" sound.  Can anyone help with the model and possible purchase location for a replacement cooling fan

HP Recommended

In my case On my brand new laptop HP ENVY X360 13" AND 15" WITCH I RETURNED FOR THE LOUD FAN ISSUES.

IT TURNED OUT THE PROBLEM STARTED WHEN I DOWN LOADED GOOGLE CHROME. WHEN I DISABLE IT THE NOISE IS GONE.

YOU CAN CHECK BY GOING TO TASK MANAGER TO SEE WHAT PROGRAM IS  USING YOUR CPU THE MOST.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.