04-21-2017 05:42 AM
I've recently bought an HP Envy and it has been working fine. Today, however, it cut out to a black screen and, after a few seconds, an orange tinted screen with horisontal flickering lines appeared briefly, before cutting out to a black screen again. This happened a few times, before we shut down and restarted - which seemed to fix the problem.
It is a bit of an unnerving occurrence. Especially since the laptop has only been used for a month.
04-21-2017 07:06 AM
No idea what is your exact model.
It'll be better if we get full model name, product number.
Please do a clean boot and check if the issue is appearing:
Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say "Thank you" and the "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find this fix/answer easily
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot