Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-j126TX
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I was disappointed by the build of the laptop. The screen flexed too easily and the keyboard would become depressed (ie flexible) even when typing without much force, which means that the laptop must have been built using cheap materials and this is a major disappointment (my previous Acer in the same price range wasn't the best but at least it was built of sturdier materials and I didn't encounter such problems).

The touchpad is also too extremely insensitive to the touch: I find myself having to tap on it multiple times in order to click on something. Also, in the few minutes after startup the scrolling gestures wouldn't work, but after a while it would magically work again. (I tried toggling between the two-finger and one-finger options, both didn't work). Is this a hardware defect or software issue?

Performance has also been extremely disappointing. Granted I am using a HDD, but for an i7-4700MQ I would expect my laptop to perform faster than it is currently doing. Chrome takes ages to open upon startup (is this due to the HDD?), file explorer frequently displays the green loading bar when multiple files need to be displayed, there is a 5-10 second delay when right clicking on the desktop/file explorer until the options appear and the modern UI settings menus take forever to load. Are these problems simply due to a slow HDD, faulty hardware or maybe Windows 8.1?

FYI, my specs are as such: 

i7-4700MQ (2.4 GHz)

GT740M

8GB RAM

750 GB HDD 

Windows 8.1

Lastly the keyboard is already broken after barely 8 months, and the weird thing is that only a few random keys that are faulty: the b key, n key, caps lock key, delete key, equals sign key and maybe a few others which I have not discovered yet. No I did not spill any liquids on my keyboard nor did I drop my laptop or damage it in any way. The keys just suddenly didn't work, all at once, one random day. Could this be due to a software issue of any sort? 

Apologies for the long post but I thought it would be better just to list all my frustrations with my laptop at once. Would really appreciate some answers for my questions. Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.