2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 15 loose hinge and display fading to white

HP Envy 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

It seems that others have had this problem with a loose hinge too. My screen started fading to white (with faint vertical lines). At first I could jiggle the display and the display would correct but over time it's gotten worse. My computer runs fine otherwise, but I need to use an external monitor or I can't see anything.

I'm suspecting a loose connection but can't find a good video showing how to fix this. My computer is no longer under warranty. Any advice or help pls?

2 REPLIES 2
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 6655 119 419
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RhondaRS

Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
RhondaRS Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Omar, I really appreciate it :)

I suspect that the loose left hinge is behind the problem, as I use the laptop as a desktop replacement. Strangely, I rarely open/close the lid of the laptop, let alone move it, so I'm not sure how or why the hinge became loose. I'm really hoping HP can help with this problem!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation