Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (539 Views)

HP Envy 15t-j100 broken hinge

I bought this laptop a year ago and my left hinge is messed up. I'm not used to things breaking because I take good care of my stuff, so in turn, I'm not used to having warranties. I ended up opening the laptop and just taking the broken pieces out thinking I could just live without it. But, the longer it's gone unfixed, the worse it's getting. I didn't think to look up the warranty until a few days ago. But when I try to send an HP support ticket, the site says my warranty couldn't be verified, even though it says it's still active on another part of the site. I read and saw that this is a common problem and I thought maybe posting here will be just as effective.

Please help. I have taken the utmost care of my laptop and now it's slowly becoming unusable.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 6 (513 Views)

Re: HP Envy 15t-j100 broken hinge

Hi @Victor-A ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (430 Views)

I have the same issue, left hinge is failing and something rattles inside my laptop. I am concerned something will short out and the hinge will get worse, how can i get this repaired?
i only bought the laptop in Sep 2014.

are the replacment hinges a better design or will the replaced hinge fail in 6 months?

Retired
Message 4 of 6 (424 Views)

Hi @iainay ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (400 Views)

Hi All

I bought my PC from ebay (should have known better, it turned out to be a refurbished sold a new) and when the screen hinge broke I contacted the supplier, guess what no replies.

After contact contacting HP on this forum a few weeks ago, I’m glad to say that HP have now fixed my PC whilst providing a very professional level of service.

Thank you HP, you have gained my customer loyalty for a few more years. Samsung could learn a lot from you!

Thanks

Student
Message 6 of 6 (369 Views)

Hi there, I'm having the same issue, as it seems countless others are. How can this be fixed? Thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation