Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, just gave my wife a new HP Envy 15t touchscreen laptop.  She plugged in the ac adapter to charge up the battery and the adaptor got very hot.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A tough one I guess. Mine feels about as warm as a cloth rinsed in hot water and wrung out- but not as warm as a baked potato fresh from the microwave. Yeah, I am not a gourmet cook.;)

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

How warm is "very hot"? My adapter gets fairly warm when charging a low battery- but no where near very hot.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  It was hot enough to be uncomfortable to hold.  But not scalding hot.  Hard to describe I guess.

HP Recommended

A tough one I guess. Mine feels about as warm as a cloth rinsed in hot water and wrung out- but not as warm as a baked potato fresh from the microwave. Yeah, I am not a gourmet cook.;)

HP Recommended
Even gourmets use microwaves, especially for baked potatoes! Saves lot's of time :-). The adaptor has not been as hot since that first charge. I'll chalk it up to the adaptor having to work very hard on that first charge. How does that sound? 🙂
HP Recommended

HP just recalled a bunch of power cords worldwide.

CHeck if one ofthe cords has "LS-15" on it.

This link has the story and a picture.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2736944/HP-recalls-SIX-MILLION-laptop-power-cords-wor...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately my power cord does not have the LS-15 stamped on it.

HP Recommended

My charger got very hot too after using my new HP Envy for 7-8 days. Then I took it back to Best Buy. They exchanged my charger with a new one from another HP box. But somehow a HK/Korean/Italy HP was at their store. The charger they gave me didn't fit american wall outlets. So I had to go back to the store. They said there's no more HP Envy computers left in stock. The sales ask geek squad and they just switched the top part of the power cord part. Geek squad said it should work and fit. But it's still charging half way and gets very hot. is that Normal? is it safe and ok to still use the top part connected to the american part? I looked at the top part. it has chinese/korean writing on the square part.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.