1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 17 Broken Left Hinge

HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've had my HP Envy for just over two years and I'm the only user of the laptop.  About a year ago the left hinge broke through just opening the case - never dropped, not too much force but clearly a defective part.  As the laptop was needed for daily use, I thought I would tolerate the issue through necessity.  However, more recently the gap between the case has become bigger and I'm more concerned about the laptop overheating or developing an even more terminal issue if it isn't fixed.

I was shocked to find out how much of widespread this problem is and that I'm not alone in this issue.  My warranty has expired but HP has developed and sold a defective product that needs to be corrected.  I like this laptop and don't want to have a useless £900 laptop.  

I look forward to a reponse to resolving this issue.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
37777 5729 9907
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well you have a sympathetic audience but this Forum is for fellow end Users. All we can do is flag this for intervention by HP staff to see what they will do for you. 

0 Kudos
Retired Duane_D
Retired
4641 51 154
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation