Lambchops_001 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 17 Broken Screw Fitting on Case Near Right Hinge

HP ENVY 17-j108tx Notebook

One of the screws that holds my HP Envy 17 - j013cl laptop casing together no longer attaches to anything (right hand side). It appears that the screw was once attached to a plastic fitting, but now that fitting is broken... When I open the laptop, the casing pulls apart near the hinge.

I read other forums with this same issue (they are closed now). Can anyone please tell me how to fix the problem?

1 REPLY 1
Retired danny-r
Retired
8251 7100 141 470
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 17 Broken Screw Fitting on Case Near Right Hinge

@Lambchops_001

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation