Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (138 Views)

HP Envy-17 Left HInge broken

Product Name: Envy-17

Hello, I have a problem with the left hinge on my HP Envy 17 Quad Edition Laptop. At some point the casing around the hinge started breaking up causing litle bits of plastic to rattle around inside the laptop. This caused the fan to stop working resulting in 90B errors on startup. The lid is now stuck in the open position and cannot be closed without further damanging the laptop.

This laptop is over 3 years old and out of warranty, but otherwise in great condition.  I would simply like to get the casing repaired.

Can HP help me with this?

20161223_113959.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (132 Views)

Re: HP Envy-17 Left HInge broken

@rhinmass

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation