Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp envy 17-k250CA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday this laptop was working fine. When I left it it was asleep, I just close cover.  It did wait up and run a backup successfully to NAS in the early evening.

Today it will not boot, no lights, no fan, nothing.

Disconnected power, removed battery. Held power button down 30 secs. Installed battery, connected power, same, no boot, no lights no sound.

Tested power brick output, (45w 2.31A output). DC voltage shows 19volts.

Disassembled, check power button connector connections. Plug in, nothing, no light beside port port. The ac adapter makes the slightest clicking sound if you hold right to ear.

Ideas ??? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Motherboard failure

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Motherboard failure

HP Recommended

Thanks. So you don't think power brick is at fault. Thought unusual to hear the faint tick.

HP Recommended

I considered that but the 19v output is normal. Would be inexpensive to buy a generic power supply and try it but my guess is it will make no difference. 

HP Recommended

I tried an other AC adapter. No go!!   Motherboard it is.  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.