Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (197 Views)

HP Envy 17 SE Left Hinge Problem

Product Name: HP Envy 17 SE

My HP Envy 17 SE has shown the well-known left hinge error in its hinge area, something consistent with recent complaints in a design flaw. I purchased it in 2014 for my university usage and it's right at that critical point in my Senior year where I cannot go without this dependable laptop. Took it to get looked at and evaluated at a local shop and they said that the needed part to stop the splitting is no longer available. It looks like its an external thing and the left hinge pops. It is horrible to have such a bad issue when the brand is generally dependable but I am sad to say that this happened fairly recently after my warranty expiration. Left hinge pops and it seems like my laptop is now nothing but a glorified desktop. Are there any solutions to this? This brand has been dependable for my family and I happened to get the ENVY's "flawed" design as my university pick. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (191 Views)

Re: HP Envy 17 SE Left Hinge Problem

@KRdgz

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (187 Views)

Thank you for a quick response; will check the message.

Student
Message 4 of 6 (148 Views)

I'm having the same issue with regard to the bottom of my computer coming unhinged. How do I get help for this issue? Thanks!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (141 Views)

No solution yet to the problem and no reply so far
Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (121 Views)

[ Edited ]

How long does it usually take for a response? No update whatsoever @kevint

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation