05-09-2017 04:20 PM
I have the same problem described above. Envy 17 (silver) i5 - the corner of the case is spreading apart and now it is also happening on the right side. I have had to use gorilla tape to try to hold the case together. It appears that this is a design flaw for this laptop. The laptop works, but over time, I'm afraid that it will get so bad that it will not run. Is there a replacement case available? Thank you.
05-09-2017 04:25 PM
Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot