Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (59 Views)

HP Envy 17" Left Hinge and Casing

Product Name: Envy TS 17" Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the  same problem described above. Envy 17 (silver) i5 - the corner of the case is spreading apart and now it is also happening on the right side. I have had to use gorilla tape to try to hold the case together.  It appears that this is a design flaw for this laptop. The laptop works, but over time, I'm afraid that it will get so bad that it will not run.  Is there a replacement case available?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (49 Views)

Re: HP Envy 17" Left Hinge and Casing

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (39 Views)

Re: HP Envy 17" Left Hinge and Casing

Do you know if HP has acknowledged that this is a design flaw?  It appears to be a major problem on this laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation