Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (120 Views)

HP Envy 17" Touchsmart left hinge broken

Product Name: HP Envy 17" Touchsmart

The left hinge is broken on my HP Envy 17" Touchsmart notebook.  The bottom plastic casing is also coming away. It is hard to open and close the laptop without causing more problems and I'm worried about the screen cracking.  My local tech service has been trying to source replacement parts, but has found none available. They have identified that this is a common problem with this model, and I see there are hundreds of postings with the same problem.  Please could you help?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (96 Views)

Re: HP Envy 17" Touchsmart left hinge broken

@cw_00

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (90 Views)

Thank you Kevin ... appreciate it! Getting nowhere fast at the moment Smiley Sad

Student
Message 4 of 5 (28 Views)

Design flaw

Good to read you have completely ignored the many HP Envy 17 Notebook users issues regarding the over tight Hinge problem that caused

the palm rest to rip the screws out of their threads resulting in  the need for a new £100 palm rest to be fitted.

When, if ever will you admit this is a design flaw (over tight hinge nut) and should be a free repair.

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Retired
Message 5 of 5 (18 Views)

Hello Azz1

Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation