Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The hinge on my HP 360 Envy (plastic!!!) snapped one day when opening. The computer has not been dropped or bumped. It seems the product should have been made sturdier since it can completely open  and you should expect people to do this.

It seems there are numerous posts on the HP forum and on other forums discussing problems with broken hinges. My laptop is just over a year old.

I am not the only person to have this issue. When I searched HP Envy x360 laptop hinge problem I found TONS of reviews that this had happened to other people. Such as this person https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Broken-Hinge-envy-laptop/td-p/... and also these people https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/17-quot-HP-Envy-Coming-apart-a...

I am not hard on my computer and it seems to me with so many of the same complaints that this product has a defect and should be fixed for free by HP.

Please tell me if HP is stepping up to the plate and addressing this issue. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Wren6

Actually as you said, there was a lot of computers that was affected for this kind issue, as it was reported to HP you can try to contact technical support to get a solution and ask if they can provide you a repair solution, please contact them to next phone number 800-474-6836

I hope solve your doubts, if yes let me know it

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

I have the same problem had mine for about 2 years used it only at home sparingly, very disappointed with the quality after paying over 1000 dollars. I called HP knowing this is a common problem and maybe I would get some good will since I have  so many HP products but they wouldn't do anything for me. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Wren6

You can try to contact to tech support team to get a solution about your hinge issue, it can be a defective issue and maybe you can try to get a solution from tech support

Hope solve your doubts, if yes let me know it

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

I tried calling this number many times using different prompts and was never able to talk to an actual person. I still do not have any answers about where this computer can be fixed. Seeing how large a problem this is, HP should take charge and admit

the design flaw and fix peoples computers or offer new ones. These are not cheap products!

HP Recommended

Thanks Mike. I am having no luck either. I could not even get in touch with a real person. Very disappointed as well.

HP Recommended

@wren6

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.