Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy Broken Hinges

HP Recommended

My HP Envy 15 is less than two years old and has never been dropped or handled roughly, but the hinges started popping open from normal use a few months after the warranty expired.  Seeing as I am  a college student and unable to afford expensive repairs I had hoped it wouldn't get worse if treated delicately and have avoided moving the hinges as much as possible. 

Unfortunately several months later, the left hinge has now completely detached from the casing, the metal inside has popped out and the hinge cover has fallen off the computer entirely leaving the wires inside the hinge exposed and the left side of the screen unattached to the base of the laptop. The right hinge is seperating as well and is splitting the side of the computer open.  It can't be closed without breaking the rest of the way and it won't stay open without being supported. 

As it is, the computer is almost completely unusable and my only options are to get it repaired or replace it because I need a computer for college.

It appears from this forum that this damage is the result of a very common manufacturing defect, so I'd like to know what my options are for resolving this issue. 

Does anyone know what can be done about this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 141 476
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Caitlin3

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation