Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is 2020 and I'm reading that people have had had the same problem since around 2017. What's the deal?   My HP Envy is coming apart at the left near the screen hinge. It is 3 months out of warranty and HP won't help me.  How can I get help. This should be a manufacture defect since so many people are having problems with this same specific problem.  Is there a recall?
 I haven't dropped it. Yesterday I opened my computer and hard a  hard "click". I wondered what happened and at closer examination I noticed the screen coming apart from the back casing and the  screws are visibly seen from the underside on the same side as the damage.  I can't even close my computer for fear that the screen is going to completely snap apart from my computer, therefore meaning I cannot even safely bring my computer out of my home to work, etc. 

I need help! Someone please help.  This seems to be an ongoing problem. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @ladybug05,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

I have contacted HP several times. This product needs to be RECALLED and stores need to stop selling them. I'm 3 months out if warranty and HP did nothing. I'm in the U.S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.