Did you mean: 
bseneczko
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Hinge Issues reported to HP but no action

HP Envy x360 Convertible 15m

Hp has been notified continuously and over 3-4 years about the Envy hinge issue. The notebook has a known issue,the hinge connecting the cover to the laptop breaks (important to note that it usually breaks a few days out of warranty in almost every case reported). The hinges break after normal usage, never been dropped, no transport, etc., causing the top an base casing to come apart and the laptop can no longer stay open on it's own so that it needs to be propped up against another object. HP will not take accountability and will charge $400 + to fix it  'because it is out of warranty'. Customer service is extremely unsurpportive and unhelpful. I have seen over 2000 complaints from consumers of this product. The customer support representatives informed me that because HP didn't 'recall' the unit, then it is a warranty issue, not an actual clear design flaw/manufacturing defect. I purchased this laptop for $1000 and am now being asked to pay an additional $400 to get it fixed. I will not purchase another HP product.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,555 19,544 1,293 1,958
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bseneczko,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Hoosier76
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good Luck.  I have exactly the same issue.  The defect was reported to HP in December and I was offered only a "discounted" $400 repair opportunity.  Currently looking at alternative brands and will not purchase another HP product unless this is resolved in a more customer-friendly manner.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,555 19,544 1,293 1,958
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hoosier76,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
bseneczko
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same. No matter who you speak with the answer is that they will charge $400. They don't guarantee that $400 will fix the problem either. I have never had poorer service! I'll post here if I get anywhere with anyone at HP.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation