Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 2017 Envy laptop needed a repair.  I took it to a local repairer to fix a broken hinge (which they have done) but they now say it needs a new motherboard as the original one is cracked and the laptop does not work.  It worked when I took it in to them - they must have cracked it when opening the half broken hinge, although of course I can never prove that...  They now say the motherboard is no longer available.  Does anyone know if that is true?  The motherboard model is L02141-601.

(I can't find a place on the HP UK web site where I can ask if that board is discontinued or not.)

Many thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@SkylineUK

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I'd already visited that page and couldn't see where I can send this query to a person.  The Virtual Assistant is not sophisticated enough to answer my query, I need to to be able to send the query to someone who knows whether this part is still available or not.  Is there such a link?

HP Recommended

@SkylineUK

Thank you for posting back.

As I mentioned earlier we are limited to the support service as now in this community however request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
And, also you can check with local service store for the part replacement. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have followed that link and those that emanate from it.  There is NO method from any of those links to contact a department or person at HP.  If there is, would you please tell me exactly how to find such a link so that I can send a specific (but simple) query to someone so I can find out for sure whether replacement motherboards are still available for my Envy laptop or not.  That is all I am trying to find out!

HP Recommended

@SkylineUK

Thank you for posting back. 

In order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks.  I have replied to your PM.

I managed to raise a case number and have had an email confirmation of that but the email does not state whether I need to call HP or if they will get back to me.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.