Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (110 Views)

HP Envy Laptop won't turn on

Product Name: HP Envy Touchscreen 15-j003cl
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Noticed while using the laptop that it wasn't charging, even while plugged in.  Screen went blank, then all noise stopped. The charging light where the power adapter plugs is comes on when connected to power.  Replaced the internal power adapter and the entire power adapter cord, still nothing even after hard reboot where I tok out the battery and held the power button. Is it worth fixing? I've only had it two years.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (82 Views)

Re: HP Envy Laptop won't turn on

Hey @slcarlson12,

I understand you're having some trouble getting your notebook to start.

Give this document a try and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

If this helps, hit that Thumbs Up and Accept as Solution.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

Teacher
Message 3 of 3 (57 Views)

Re: HP Envy Laptop won't turn on

Hi slcarlso12,

Not sure if it is bios corrupted.  Pls try to see if BIOS crisis recovery by using hot key combination following below article helps:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

I work for HP. I'm here to help. In case the solution provided work, pls do not forget to give the Kudos!!

ET1111. I work for HP; I'm here to help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation