Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Left Hinge case seperating

Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy also, has the left hinge coming apart.  Each time I open and close my screen, the hinge and notebook base separate.  I would like to have this fixed.  This started about 10 months after I purchased this notebook.  I thought this was just an isolated case, but sounds like a quality defect.  I was just going to go with another brand of notebook in the future due to this issue, but if HP can resolve will continue to remain a customer.

2 REPLIES
16397 212 858
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pepper2008

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Pepper2008 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I thought HP could help with fixing this problem?  This problem looks as if it has been a problem for a while.  Please responde so I can get this issue corrected.  If HP is unable to help, please advise so i can have someone else repair then move on?

Not very happy spending a lot of money for a product to last only 12 months.  It seems like a design issue.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation