Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (117 Views)

HP Envy M6- Left Hinge Issue

Product Name: HP ENVY m6-1117tx Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I purchased my Envy M6 about three years ago. It is obviously out of warranty. Today, the left hinge mechanism failed.I am unable to close the lid without causing further damage, as case is splitting aroud the hinge.

After briefly looking for solutions to this problem I was astounded by the sheer number of reports of the exact same malfunction occuring on this device.

With countless reports of the problem, I find it incomprehensable that there has been no recall to resolve the malfunctioning parts.  Rather than a recall, the information I can find through these forums suggests that HP is charging customers for the privilage of repairing their malfunctioning product.

I'm hoping that HP is able to address this issue!

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: HP Envy M6- Left Hinge Issue

@AmandaCrn

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation