Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 (15m-cp0012dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone know where a more full detailed spec guide for the 15m-cp0012dx variant of the HP Envy x360 series is?  It comes with 8GB of RAM and I'm seeing mixed comments about what exactly it will support up to.

Specifically the Crucial site (where it seems HP customers are frequently pointed) is selling a 32GB (16x2) kit claiming it's "compatible" with this specific model, as well as the Ryzen 7 spec page stating the 2700U should support 32GB, however the community boards here seem to have responses of people saying it maxes out at 16GB.

The main document page I keep getting lead to via searching (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06017678) doesn't give any details on maximum, but I would assume it should be 32 since that's what the CPU maximum is correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The max RAM is going to be 32GB of DDR4 2400MHz (2x16GB) even if the service manual mentions 16GB. HP DDR4 systems run with 32GB of RAM. So, the Crucial RAM is a good choice and they guarantee their upgrades.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up fo thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The max RAM is going to be 32GB of DDR4 2400MHz (2x16GB) even if the service manual mentions 16GB. HP DDR4 systems run with 32GB of RAM. So, the Crucial RAM is a good choice and they guarantee their upgrades.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up fo thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Gotcha, figured as much but I wanted to be certain lol.  Thanks.

Edit: Actually another question if you catch this response; I see there is a way to buy and mount a secondary drive into the laptop, but so far the links I've found to the HP parts system for the required "brackets" and what not seem to be 404'ing.

Do you have any reference links handy to where I can buy the bracket parts to mount an extra drive internally as a secondary to the SATA?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.