Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, mine broke at about 2 years old. HP called me after posting on here and said they will not do anything for me even though it is a known problem, too small a percentage of those produced have broken to warrrat a recall. Way to stand behind a product, 3rd or 4th HP laptop i have owned, all have had hinge issues. i will now puchase a different brand. My daughter has been using a Sony for 4 years at school and it is still in perfect condition.

HP Recommended

See my reply to Alexandria, that is what HP will do for you. NOTHING!

HP Recommended

@MWLNY

@Cesar_14

Hello ,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicaly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If you have already resolved your matters, please disregard this message.

Thank you
Duane_D

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

Same problem here. Not even two years old yet. Its pretty bad when you cant get 2 years out of a laptop. My work laptop (HP) has a two year warranty on it (by default I believe). Too bad my personal one doesnt. Two laptops prior to this one was an HP as well. Same issue, hinges. Laptops should not fail mechanically.

HP Recommended

what is sad is that HP will not stand behind their product, they acknowledge that it is a common problem but not enough have broken to issue a recall. Every HP laptop i have owned has had a hinge issue, my daughter has used the same Sony for over 4 years at school and it is still in perfect condition. i am currently researching what to replace my HP with.  This $1500 laptop going right in the trash!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as everyone else here on this thread with my HP ENVY TS 15. The bottom cover and top cover popped apart near the left hinge this week, and while the hinge itself seems OK, there are obviously broken interior plastic parts. I know this because I could hear them ratteling around; and with a bit of perseverence, I managed to coax them out through the widening opening between the top and bottom covers of my laptop.

Of course, my laptop is now out of warranty -- including being past the extended warranty Costco provided when I purchased it. It works fine otherwise and I would like to have it repaired if the price is right.

I see from another post here that HP offers a discounted repair price for this obviously known and apparently very common problem. I would sincerely appreciate it if the forum moderator would help me by providing information on how to get my laptop repaired and what the turnaround time and cost is.

Regards, FasterEddie

***Please help HP Forum members by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem. Thanks!***

***Please click the “Kudos” Thumbs Up to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

@FasterEddie

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@danny-r wrote:

@FasterEddie

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Thank you!

Regards, FasterEddie

***Please help HP Forum members by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem. Thanks!***

***Please click the “Kudos” Thumbs Up to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
Hi,

I did get information of a repair shop in NJ. I spent USD 200 on repairs. The repaired hinge got broken again in two months. Repair guy had done a real bad job. HP should have their own repair center. I will never buy a crappy **bleep** from HP again. I am buying an Apple MacBook Pro.

Don't buy **bleep** for low price.
Olic
HP Recommended
If HP recommends you some private repair party, don't spend a penny. This laptop and HP support is not worthy of your hard earned money. Spend more and buy an Apple.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.