Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

HP Envy Touchsmart Notebook M7 J010 Left Hinge problem

Product Name: HP Envy Touchsmart Notebook M7
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The left Hinge is pulling the upper portion of my wife's computer off Man Mad, as the very heavy touchscreen applied too much torque to the notebook case Man Frustrated. I have read in the forums that is is a very common issue with this model. My il-laws bought the same computer for my wife and her brother, and the same thing has happened to both computers. Is there any way this can be fixed? I have seen in the forums than many other people have this same problem, but I have not seen anyone post anything about any solutions to it. Any assistance or advice would be appreciated. Man Very Happy

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: HP Envy Touchsmart Notebook M7 J010 Left Hinge problem

As you said this is a common problem with HP Envy's. I pulled apart my laptop to replace the fan in it and having the same problem as you j decided to take a look at it. What it was was a broken Skrew Hole (Sorry I'm having a mind blank) but where the skrew connects to the motherboard has been broken. This is a small peice of plastic. There is no real way of fixing this however there is actually a skrew right beside that one. Apart from when your moving the screen and the look of it, it woint damage your computer and nothing will come falling off it e.g screen, surround. I'm sorry but that's all the information/advice I can offer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation