Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy X 360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy X 360 Convertible, warranty expired 3 months ago, is now overheating only while in SLEEP MODE.  The computer will try to restart or just go dead.  When it cools down, it can be restarted and is normal until it goes back to sleep.  I took the computer in for repair $100 so far for a mis-diagnosis of bad fan (can't really blame them).  I'm writing this while the computer is working just fine.   I restored system to the last available date hoping that an update caused the issue but have not yet confirmed.  Need some help!  Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I think it failed during the sleep mode, you need to check power management is it working or not, this url is clue to do so:

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-windows-10-sleep-mode-not-working-solved/

You might need also to check WIndows 10 integrity, check if any corrupted file system:

Run:

sfc /scannow

or using dism:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

If found any errors you can restore using dism:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions.  I went back and restored system to the state before the last AMD update.  Now everything is fine.  Be careful with the updates out there!

HP Recommended

I have problem after update too, in my Dynabook, it frequently crashes each 3-4 days, it happens 2 months already. Then I seen loading driver error on the system viewer. Last month I did above commands, and it solved the issue, it has been 4 weeks now without being blue screen/crashing.

HP Recommended

I ran "sfc/scannow even though everything seemed OK after the restore.  Corrupted files were found and fixed,...so I feel good about that.  Everything is still running fine now.  I don't think I'll be doing any new AMD updates anytime soon!
THANK YOU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.