Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

Similar to many others on this forum, the hinge on my HP - ENVY x360 2-in-1 13.3" Touchscreen Laptop broke as I opened my laptop. This has happened just 6 days after the 1 year warranty expired! The laptop was never dropped or misused. It was hardly even moved off the desk where it has been used for just a few days over a year.

HP needs to address this situation as this is clearly a manufacturing defect as can be seen from the multiple posts on this forum. I am obviously very unhappy with this and think that HP must offer an extended warranty for this particular problem. A computer in this price range should not break barely over one year of normal usage. $1000 for a laptop that only stays intact a year is unacceptable! I have a 11 year old Lenovo and 8 year old Macbook in perfect physical condition. HP needs to fix this for its users free of cost.

Others with similar problem -

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Broken-hinge-on-HP-Envy-x360/t...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-x360-Broken-Hinge/td-p...

Pictures of my laptop

IMG_6129D.JPGIMG_6131D.JPGIMG_6133D.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @american_masala,

I'd like to help!

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you contact HP support in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Jay_G24,

I sent you a private message with details as requested along with SN of my device.

Please advise on a solution.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I have shared the contact information in a private message.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Case [Personal Information Removed] opened. HP Support sees the device as out-of-warranty, as expected, and they offered to send a repair box so I can send the device to them for repair but will bill me for the charges - initial estimate $434.49!

Highly unacceptable that the customer needs to pay for a faulty design by HP.

HP Recommended

The support team sees my device as out-of-warranty, as expected. The out of warranty team is willing to send me a repair box so I can ship the device but they will charge me for the repair.

This is unacceptable as this is a 1 year old laptop that has not been misused by us. There are multiple people online that have the same problem as can be seen from the HP forums.

HP Recommended

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.