Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a follow up to my original post:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-X360-Hinge-broken/m-p/...

My hp envy hinge has given out and I contacted them on multiple occassions regarding this issue and the hinge has gotten worst. They have made a faulty product with delicate hinge's. Charging ridiculous £220 for repair when I spoke to them on the phone which I can't afford. I have taken care of this laptop and considering its just over 2 years old this issue shouldn't be occuring. I recently contacted them again and they said the repair prices have been revised to £299.29. With the number of people facing this issue its clear that this is a fault in their product and I will be now contacting Financial ombudsman services and Financial conduct authority as they lack product integrity. SO DISAPPOINTED.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@currentlyphase I see that your case was routed to the regional supervisor for support previously, 

Would you like to tell us exactly what they informed you? so we can work on helping you better, if there are any other options available to get this sorted for you, we would be happy to explore, keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So I was told the repair will cost £220 for the Hinge, however after messaging them again on whatsapp they've revised the price to £300. 

Ideally I wish for my hinge to be replaced for a much cheaper price as even £220 is ridiculously expensive. When I was quoted that price I did have a job and was working from home due to corona and right now I am unemployed and cannot afford such a expensive repair on something that occured naturally. Or I could afford an installment plan basis for the repair for £220.

I've attached screenshot of the full conversation with HP whatsapp.

Screenshot_20200709-054522_WhatsApp.jpg

HP Recommended

@currentlyphase 

I understand your concerns.

I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the option. They may give you a discount for repair.

Or you can contact the local service center for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.